Unsteady State Heat Transfer Unit
- The apparatus consists of a small test cylinder. The cylinder is heated by a constant temperature water bath, till steady state is reached.
- During heating, temperature of the cylinder is function of time and hence, heating of cylinder is under unsteady state heat transfer.
- The temperature of cylinder is measured with the help of temperature sensor inserted in the centre.
- The hot water bath is provided with a heater and is controlled by digital temperature controller. An agitator is also provided to maintain the constant bath temperature
- To calculate the Biot number, Fourier number.
- To calculate the heat transfer coefficient.