Window Type Air Conditioning Trainer
Window air conditioner is becoming now a days necessity. The unit demonstrates the application of window air conditioner & evaluation of its performance. It consists of a small room to which a small air conditioner is connected the room is provided with a transparent front cover with a heater inside to simulate heat load in the room. Various measurements are provided so that performance of system that is COP of system, actual & theoretical cooling capacity of system & power consumption of unit with different load conditions.
- Compressor - Hermetically sealed, Kirloskar make, having the capacity of 1/10 ton of refrigeration using R-12 refrigerant to keep room temperature between 20 to 30 c.
- Condenser - Finned tube type, with forced air flow over the tubes,
- Capillary tube of matched length as expansion device.
- Evaporator - Finned tube type with forced air flow,
- Room 0.6 X 0.7 X 0.7 m. height, provided with transparent front wall. A heater with input control is provided inside the room. Which simulates different load conditions.
Measurements and Controls
- H.P. / L.P. Pressure gauges
- Digital temperature indicator to measure the temperatures at various points.
- Energy meters to measure input to compressor & heater.
- High and low pressure cutout.
- Thermostat to put off the compressor at set room temperature.
- Necessary switch for electrical components.
- Floor area of 2m X 1 m.
- 230V, 15AC stabilized supply with earthing connection