Epicyclic Gear Train Apparatus
It is a motorized unit consisting of SUN gear mounted on input shaft. Two plane gears mesh with the annular gear. These planet gears are mounted on a common arm to which output shaft is fitted. Loading arrangement is provided for loading the system and to measure Holding Torque.
External type Epicyclic Gear Train:
1. Bearing blocks for input & output shafts.
2. A gear train with Holding drum and handle.
Internal Type Epicyclic Gear Train:
1. A compact Gear Train.
2. Variable speed D.C. Motor
3. Rope brake arrangement to measure output torque and holding torque.
Control Panel comprising of
1. Digital Ammeter and Voltmeter.
2. RPM Indicator.
3. Speed Controller.
1. To measure epicyclical gear ratio between Input shaft and Output shaft.
2. To measure epicyclical gear ratio between Input shaft and holding drum.
3. To measure Input torque, Holding torque and Output torque.
Service Required -
1. Floor Space - about 1.5m x 2m.
2. 230 V.AC stabilized power supply.